* Uranium mines have been proposed at Lambapur and Peddagattu in Nalgonda district way back in 2005. Work on these mines is yet to start.
* Environmental clearance has been obtained for Lambapur-Peddagattu project. One open cut and three small underground mines have been proposed in the belt.
* Work on the underground mine and mill at Tummalapalle in Kadapa district has been going on and the project is expected to be ready by 2013.
* Uranium and thorium reserves have been identified in Nalgonda, Kadapa and Mahbubnagar districts. Further reconnaissance studies have to be taken up.
* Andhra Pradesh has the advantage of having nuclear reserves and processing units in the form of Nuclear Fuel Complex and the proposed mill at Tummalapalle. It has a heavy water plant in Khammam district. The Atomic Minerals Directorate, which conducts research on atomic mineral reserves, is also located in
Word Of The Day - Improve Your Knowledge
Word of the Day
|Definition:||Equipment, such as clothing, tools, or instruments, used for a specific purpose or task.|
Quote of the Day
Every traveler has a home of his own, and he learns to appreciate it the more from his wandering.