Startling facts and figures about diabetes in India
1. India currently has the world's largest diabetic population with an estimated four crore people
2. Every sixth person is a diabetic in Hyderabad and other metropolitan cities including Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai.
3. Every 15 minutes a legis lost to diabetes in India
4. In India 40,000 legs are amputed per year, most of them as a result of an infection in the foot of someone with diabetes.
5. It is estimated that 1000 amputations take place in a year in Hyderabad, 3000 in Delhi and 4000 in Mumbai.
6. Eightyfive per cent of amputations can be prevented with early detection and early interventions
Word Of The Day - Improve Your Knowledge
Word of the Day
|Definition:||Equipment, such as clothing, tools, or instruments, used for a specific purpose or task.|
Quote of the Day
Every traveler has a home of his own, and he learns to appreciate it the more from his wandering.