By Syed Akbar
This simple quiz will help you know how well informed you are about your heart and its functions. Each right answer fetches you 10 points. Excellent, if your score is 80 and above, good if it is between 60 and 80, average if it is 40 and 60, and bad if the points earned are below 40. Get ready to take the test.
1. We quite often hear cardiologists referring to infarction or myocardial infarction to be precise. Infarction is one of the leading causes of heart attacks. What is meant by infarction?
a) Heart-lung machine b) Fast beating of heart c) Heart attack d) death of cells of heart
2. Coronary artery supplies blood to the heart. If this is blocked, it prevents blood supply to heart muscles, leading to heart attacks. Is this true?
a) yes b) no
3) What happens if a blood vessel supplying blood to the brain is damaged or blocked?
a) heart attack b) stroke c) fever d) nothing, simple giddiness
4) Many say that they love from the deep of their hearts. By the way how many rooms or chambers does heart have?
a) three chambers b) four chambers c) two chambers d) no chambers, it is one solid piece
5) What is hypertension?
a) blood pressure b) low blood pressure c) high blood pressure d) mild blood pressure
6) When blood pressure is measured, the meter shows two readings. What is the upper reading called?
a) systolic blood pressure d) diastolic blood pressure (c) BP d) hypotension
7) When a person is said to have a normal blood pressure?
a) systole of less than 90 and diastole of less than 150 b) systole of less than 140 and diastole of less than 90 c) systole of more than 100 and diastole of more than 150 d) none of the above
8) Children do not get heart attacks?
a) yes b) no
9) What exactly is the function of heart?
a) generating vital nutrients necessary for the body b) intelligence c) creating affection d) pumping blood
10) Major symptoms of heart attack are
a) Chest discomfort b) pain in arms, back, neck, jaw or stomach c) shortness of breath with or without pain d) all the above
1) d 2) a 3) b 4) b 5) c 6) a 7) b b 9) d 10) d
Word Of The Day - Improve Your Knowledge
Word of the Day
|Definition:||Equipment, such as clothing, tools, or instruments, used for a specific purpose or task.|
Quote of the Day
Every traveler has a home of his own, and he learns to appreciate it the more from his wandering.