Do's & Don'ts
1. Follow doctor's prescription. Do not change the medicine or alter the dose
2. Do not change regular food habits or regular sleep time
3. Do not get excited
4. Do not take alcohol and avoid smoking
5. Avoid swimming or driving without a companion.
6. In case of a seizure, turn the patient to the side and loosen any tight clothing
7. Do not restrain convulsive movements
8. Allow free breathing without crowding.
What triggers epilepsy?
Epilepsy is triggered by several factors.
In case of children the factors include fever, birth or brain defects, infections like meningitis and head injuries.
In the case of adults the causative factors may be reaction by drugs, excessive consumption of alcohol, head injuries, brain tumours and lack of sleep.
Word Of The Day - Improve Your Knowledge
Word of the Day
|Definition:||Equipment, such as clothing, tools, or instruments, used for a specific purpose or task.|
Quote of the Day
Every traveler has a home of his own, and he learns to appreciate it the more from his wandering.